Happy Katana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum of Happy Katana.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Admin
HardcoreGamer4Ever

Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It? Empty
PostSubject: Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It?   Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:56 pm

So, I'm pretty sure by now you've heard of Facebook's (seriously, they just purchased it) Oculus Rift and Sony's Project Morpheus. If not, they're products that will allow you to play virtual reality video games. This has probably caused the highest amount of interest in virtual reality ANYTHING since the '90s. My question is, are we ready for it? Do we actually have the technology necessary for competent, smooth VR gaming, or are we still a little ways off from that? Meaning, will the early VR games be buggy, imprecise (control wise), unplayable messes, or will they be streamlined enough to be fun? Is virtual reality the future of gaming, or will it be a fad? These wouldn't be the first attempts at VR gaming. After all, Nintendo did unleash the Virtual Boy on the world in 1995, and we all know how that turned out. But perhaps gaming has come far enough not only for virtual reality to work, but to become a successful alternative to traditional gaming.

Personally, I think I'd still prefer traditional controls, but this is still pretty damn awesome. And why do you have to choose anyways? I prefer traditional over motion controls, and motion controls can still be fun. While it won't overtake the traditional way of playing for a while, it can definitely make an impact. Consider me ready for the future.
Back to top Go down
http://happykatana.wordpress.com
TheSonicRainboom
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It?   Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 7:53 pm

I definitely think it would be a great thing (looking back at the one episode of Jimmy Neutron where he made a machine where you could literally go into a game). That's the kind of thing I think when I think of virtual reality. Obviously, we're not quite at that point. And to be honest, I'd still prefer traditional games. But, it's a cool thing to think about.
Back to top Go down
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Admin
HardcoreGamer4Ever

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It?   Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 8:05 pm

Yeah, I agree we're a ways away from what's normally depicted on TV and in movies and stuff, but I think it's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
FlyinJew

FlyinJew

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It?   Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 3:08 pm

We can't even do 3D right yet. This is a gimmick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robotboombox.com
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Admin
HardcoreGamer4Ever

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It?   Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 7:03 pm

I will admit, when I play my 3DS, I play with the 3D off. For some reason, it bothers my eyes. It actually tickles them, as weird as that sounds. Hopefully I'll live to see a future of perfect 3D and VR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It?   Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It? Empty

Back to top Go down

Virtual Reality Gaming- Are You Ready For It?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Happy Katana :: Pop Culture :: Video Games-
Jump to: