Happy Katana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum of Happy Katana.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rate The Song Above You

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Admin
HardcoreGamer4Ever

Rate The Song Above You Empty
PostSubject: Rate The Song Above You   Rate The Song Above You EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Okay, the rules are pretty simple. Rate the song above you on a scale of 1-10 and say why you like or don't like it. Then, post your own song for the next user to rate. I'll start.

Last edited by HardcoreGamer4Ever on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://happykatana.wordpress.com
phosphene

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Song Above You   Rate The Song Above You EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:24 pm

I like Nirvana, so all of their music will rate pretty highly with me. I do like this song, because it's tone is haunting, however I don't think it's exceptional and I also don't think it's one of their best. So I give it a 6.5 out of 10.

Back to top Go down
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Admin
HardcoreGamer4Ever

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Song Above You   Rate The Song Above You EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:20 pm

10/10 Wow, it surprised me with how good it was. Has a nice Folk sound. Also, what the fuck? The video I posted cuts the song off by nearly half a minute. I posted the full song because that was bullshit (it cutting off, not your rating).

IMO, nobody did the whole "goofy, immature Punk Rock" thing better than The Ramones. This song is a perfect example of their goofy immaturity.
Back to top Go down
phosphene

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Song Above You   Rate The Song Above You EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 7:50 am

The Nirvana song played in full for me; I don't know why it wasn't working when you checked it :/ So I have a soft spot for 'immature punk-rock' because I love The Sex Pistols - I think they're ace. But the Ramones are pretty good too; it's got that classic punk beat to it.
I'd give it an 8 out of 10 (looses two pints because of my preference for a different band of the same genre.)

Let's try a song that's not very well known, but (I think) deserves more credit.

Back to top Go down
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Admin
HardcoreGamer4Ever

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Song Above You   Rate The Song Above You EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 8:24 pm

10/10 Ya know, I'm always hearing about how Type O Negative is a legendary Doom/Goth Metal band, but I haven't really listened to any of their music. This song makes me want to do that. It was excellent, heavy, and atmospheric. It's like listening to Heavy Metal in space.

Speaking of songs that sound like they were recorded in space...
Back to top Go down
Hryciuk365
Admin
Hryciuk365

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Song Above You   Rate The Song Above You EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 3:57 am

I put this because I can legally drink alcohol in an establishment that serves alcohol, and this song is fun to dance to.

inb4 u fgt like pbul LOL
Back to top Go down
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Admin
HardcoreGamer4Ever

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Song Above You   Rate The Song Above You EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 8:51 am

What would you rate the song I posted?

3/10 Honestly, I did not like this song. It was just a tiny bit better than expected. I hate Pitbull and Kesha. I will admit, if I was at a party or a club, this would probably get a higher rating, as it is a fun party song. Just not a good song in general, IMO.

Yeah, I'm going all DBZ on your asses!
Back to top Go down
phosphene

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Song Above You   Rate The Song Above You EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 9:41 am

Like a 3.5 out of 10 - I've nothing against this type of music, but I find it more cheesy than the 80's power ballads XD It's not something I would listen to in my spare time.

Talking about the 80's (which I adore) here's a song reminiscing about it.

Back to top Go down
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Admin
HardcoreGamer4Ever

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Song Above You   Rate The Song Above You EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:58 pm

4/10 Sorry, not really my thing. Musically, I'm not feeling it, and the '60s and '70s had their own problems. I mean, they were good decades, but everyone over sentimentalize them and act like they were so perfect. IMO, the '80s and '90s were 1000x better (my favorite two decades, in fact), and even they had their fair share of problems, just like today.

Perhaps the most important band of the Riot Grrrl movement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate The Song Above You   Rate The Song Above You Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate The Song Above You
Page 1 of 1